When: Saturday 5th of November 2016
- Session 1 – Jeff Durbin (55:43)
- Testimony – Tim Sampson (05:29)
- Testimony – Tim Bringans (02:24)
- Session 2 – Kris Baines (50:18)
- Session 3 – Jeff Durbin (01:11:11)
- Get Involved! – Andy Barlow (07:20)
Where: Emmett Street Community Church, 106 Emmett Street, Shirley, Christchurch
Cost: Free (obligation free donations welcome)
Theme: Faithfulness in light of Certainty and Sovereignty
Tell Me Conference is geared towards bringing together faithful biblical teaching with practical action. This conference aims to provide a sound theological framework for evangelism, as well as offering opportunities for fellowship and networking together. Our hope is to encourage the gospel to the forefront of Christian living by making this conference as accessible as possible. Therefore this is a free conference (lunch provided) and is open to anyone (families are warmly welcomed) who would like to develop in both sharing the gospel and biblical apologetics. Come and be encouraged, as God equips us to be more effective in our daily lives.
- Jeff Durbin is Pastor-Elder of Apologia Church, Tempe, Arizona, USA and has worked for many years as a hospital-chaplain. Jeff is a popular speaker for camps, conferences, churches & schools across the USA. He has participated in outreach to various different religions across the nation and has even engaged in public debate against Atheism. Jeff hosts a weekly radio program heard in the US called Apologia Radio and is also heard internationally via podcast at apologiaradio.com.
- Kris Baines serves as one of the Pastor-Elders at Redemption Church, Christchurch and in addition to his responsibilities and privileges as a husband and father, divides his time with running the The Psalm 12:1 Project ministry, teaching at bible schools and churches, musical composition, and also works as a paramedic with St John. Kris loves to teach God’s Word and has a passion for making it applicable and relevant to the challenges of everyday life, particularly in regard to the role of Christians in the areas of family discipleship, the local church, and evangelism.
- Todd Friel is a Christian radio & television host (Wretched) in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Todd Friel studied to be a pastor for four years but neglected to actually get saved. He abandoned church ministry plans and did secular TV, radio and stand-up comedy for 6 years. But God then saved him. Todd has one of the most gospel saturated ministries out there and regularly engages in evangelism at universities and fair grounds both open air and one on one. (Pre-recorded Skype message exclusive to Tell Me Conference.)
9am – Conference Begins
2:15pm – Conclusion of Teaching
2:45pm – 4pm – Optional Street Outreach (An opportunity to observe, team up or share with people around our city.)
4:30pm – Optional Fellowship and Dinner (BYO takeaways) at Emmett Street Community Church